Have you ever accidentally deleted a file from your iCloud backup and thought it was lost forever? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. It’s a common mistake that can happen to anyone. But the good news is, there is a way to recover deleted files from your iCloud backup. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll show you how to do it.
Firstly, it’s important to note that when you delete a file from your iCloud backup, it’s not completely gone. It’s just marked as “deleted” and hidden from view. This means that there’s still a chance to retrieve it. The key is to act quickly and follow the right steps. So, let’s get started on how to recover deleted files from iCloud backup.. You may need to know : Ultimate Guide: Recovering Deleted iPhone Files Without Backup
Losing important files can be devastating, especially when you don’t have a backup plan in place. Fortunately, if you use iCloud Backup, there’s a chance you can recover those deleted files. In this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of accessing your iCloud Backup, restoring deleted files, using third-party software, and preventing future data loss.
Accessing iCloud Backup
1. Open your device’s Settings app and tap on your name.
2. Tap on iCloud, then tap on Manage Storage.
3. Find the device you want to restore from and tap on it.
4. Look for the latest backup and tap on it.
5. Check if the deleted file is included in the backup. If it is, proceed to the next section.
Restoring Deleted Files
1. Erase all content and settings on your device by going to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.
2. Follow the prompts until you reach the Apps & Data screen, then tap on Restore from iCloud Backup.
3. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
4. Choose the backup you want to restore from and wait for the process to complete.
5. Once the device is restored, check if the deleted file is now available.
Using Third-Party Software
If you can’t find the deleted file in your iCloud Backup, you may want to consider using third-party software like EaseUS MobiSaver or Disk Drill. These tools can scan your device or backup file for deleted files and help you recover them. Here’s how:
1. Download and install the software on your computer.
2. Connect your device to your computer or locate your iCloud Backup file.
3. Follow the software’s instructions to scan for deleted files.
4. Preview and select the files you want to recover, then save them to your computer.
Tips for Preventing Future Data Loss
Prevention is always better than cure, so here are some tips to help you avoid losing important files in the future:
– Regularly back up your device to iCloud or another cloud storage service.
– Keep your device and apps up to date to avoid compatibility issues.
– Use a password manager to securely store your login credentials.
– Enable two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to your account.
– Be cautious when downloading or installing apps and only use reputable sources.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. All you need is your iOS device and a stable Wi-Fi connection. Here’s how to do it:
1. On your iOS device, go to “Settings” and tap on your name.
2. Tap on “iCloud” and then “Storage.”
3. Select “Manage Storage” and then find the device you want to restore from.
4. Tap on the device and then select “Restore Backup.”
5. Choose the backup you want to restore from and wait for the process to complete.
How long does it take to recover deleted files from iCloud backup?
The time it takes to recover deleted files from iCloud backup depends on the size of the backup and the speed of your internet connection. In general, the process can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. It’s important to keep your device connected to Wi-Fi and plugged in during the restore process to ensure it completes successfully.
Is it possible to selectively restore specific files or folders from an iCloud backup?
Yes, it is possible to selectively restore specific files or folders from an iCloud backup. However, this can only be done using a computer. Here’s how:
1. Connect your iOS device to a computer with iTunes installed.
2. Open iTunes and select your device.
3. Click on “Restore Backup” and choose the backup you want to restore from.
4. After the restore process is complete, go to “File” and then “Devices” and select “Restore from Backup.”
5. Choose the backup you just restored and select the files or folders you want to restore.
Thanks for visits pspdev.org for reading this step-by-step guide on how to recover deleted files from iCloud backup. We hope that this guide has helped you to retrieve your important files and data that you may have thought were lost forever.
As we have seen, recovering deleted files from iCloud backup is a straightforward process that can be accomplished with just a few simple steps. By following the instructions outlined in this guide, you can quickly and easily retrieve your deleted files and restore them to your device.
It is important to remember that prevention is always better than cure. To avoid losing your important files and data in the future, it is advisable to regularly back up your device and make sure that your iCloud storage is always up to date. This will ensure that you always have a reliable and secure backup of your important files and data.
In conclusion, we hope that this guide has provided you with all the information you need to recover your deleted files from iCloud backup. If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to Apple support for assistance.